About Me

My photo
I am the creator of steampunk reviews, a woman in love with history, mystery, and the fine things of life, though not necessarily in that order. As a self-styled aristocrat, I've aimed to cultivate an old world (real or constructed via movies being irrelevant to me) sense of elegance and taste, and have been going to great lengths to fulfill that goal. It is my aim to live a life that is enjoyable, rather than one obsessed with being 'perfectly good for me in every way'.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The long awaited day is almost upon us

The Steam Expo begins tomorrow. I'm not sure what to say, beyond that. It's been long in the coming - I've been anticipating the Expo since AUGUST - and finally, all the work, preparation, and saving of money will pay off. Tomorrow I don one of the five outfits I've prepped exclusively for the event and march - Parasol in hand, hat at a jaunty angle - off to amaze and be amazed by my fellow gear-heads. I will try to vlog after each day of this gigantic con, and I intend to take an airship load of pictures. I do have to say, however, that I'm most excited about the masquerade ball, where, when all are hidden behind visages of their choosing, people's true nature - and wild side - tend to come out a little more.

If any of you, dear readers, happen to be at the Expo, just keep an eye out for my hat - you know the one - and feel free to say hello. I don't bite....or at least not enough to leave marks.

2 comments:

  1. Stumbled on your vlog entries of WSX - thanks for posting them! For some reason, Youtube keeps getting errors on my comments.

    I also found the disorganization particularly obnoxious.

    LOVED your dress at the dance. In general, LOVED the dance once *dance* music started playing. I was the one in green with leaf beads in hair and on corset that made tinkling noises every time I moved. :)

    And I finally recognized you when I saw the last vlog entry - I was admiring the stripes/boning channels on the corset during Chromaggia, thinking they'd look incredible under blacklight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, I think I remember you. And the whole music/disorganization thing drove me a little nuts. You cannot, as a general rule, waltz to Celtic harp music. It just doesn't work. It also should not take a half hour of waiting to get a ticket to said ball.

    As for my impromptu performance of 'Chromaggia' I have to admit I was nearly having a heart attack the entire time, so I'm glad my corset at least looked good. :)

    ReplyDelete