About Me

My photo
I am the creator of steampunk reviews, a woman in love with history, mystery, and the fine things of life, though not necessarily in that order. As a self-styled aristocrat, I've aimed to cultivate an old world (real or constructed via movies being irrelevant to me) sense of elegance and taste, and have been going to great lengths to fulfill that goal. It is my aim to live a life that is enjoyable, rather than one obsessed with being 'perfectly good for me in every way'.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Great Purse Dilemma

This is one area that continues to daunt me in my Steampunk wardrove. Despite a closet full of Victorian clothes and shoes, a jewelry box brimming with pretties made of old watch pieces, and a vast selection of other props ranging from parasols to goggles to gasmasks, I’m still out of luck in the purse department.

Most of this issue boils down to the fact that my purse needs be, out of necessity, a veritable black hole. My current bag of holding has a couple dozen pockets and compartments, allowing me to carry virtually anything, which I usually do. Like Mary Poppins, I can produce pens, paper, motrin, food, money, makeup, a selection of tools, and all the varied gear required in my day to day life with its bizarre occurrences and teeth rattling near misses. All the Steampunk purses I’ve seen, however, tend to be large but lack any compartments or organization worth writing home about. Up with this, obviously, I will not put, and I have remained sans-Steampunk-carrying device, though I have still not given up hope that such a purse exists.

So I’m putting out a call here: If anyone knows of a place or a website where I can get a decent (and stylish) Steampunk purse/bag/WHATEVER of sufficient capacity, I would be eternally grateful.

3 comments:

  1. Why not try a black hole of a purse in steampunk style and just add a purse organizer? A la http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/bag_organizer

    ReplyDelete
  2. A carpetbag, used commonly around the time of the civil war, comes immediately to mind. Perhaps something a little like this?

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/54688815/victorian-steampunk-carpet-bag-rough?ref=sr_gallery_40&ga_includes%5B0%5D=tags&ga_search_query=victorian+purses&ga_page=7&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=

    Hope this helps
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good and nice wallpapers. Thanks for sharing these wallpapers. You can find also more nice wallpapers on our websites.

    ReplyDelete