About Me

My photo
I am the creator of steampunk reviews, a woman in love with history, mystery, and the fine things of life, though not necessarily in that order. As a self-styled aristocrat, I've aimed to cultivate an old world (real or constructed via movies being irrelevant to me) sense of elegance and taste, and have been going to great lengths to fulfill that goal. It is my aim to live a life that is enjoyable, rather than one obsessed with being 'perfectly good for me in every way'.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Introductions All Around!

I am Victoria, steampunk aristocrat and creator of Steampunk Reviews (look the videos up on youtube). I opted to create this little blog to give those who are interested a further look into the machinations of a woman who has made it her goal to incorporate the steampunk aesthetic into her lifestyle in whatever way possible.
So a little background, yes? I've always been a history geek, and I've always felt out of place in this time period. Perhaps as a side-effect of being named Victoria, I was drawn to the era bearing that moniker, and as I got older and went through my many (and varied) phases, I constantly returned to the class act that is the late nineteenth century. Eventually I ran across steampunk and realized that this was what I really wanted - this world of brass, geissler tubes, roaring steam engines, and zepplin flying pirates. And so I am absorbing steampunk into my life, bit by piece.

I hope to use this blog to document the full metamorphosis from oddball young woman to full blown corset wearing steampunk aristocrat, and I hope that any budding steampunks who read my blog will learn from my pitfalls and have an easier time of fully incorporating steampunk style into their lives.

That's all for now. I will update this blog every week on Thursday, or (more likely) every other week on Thursday.

Safe flying, airship pilots!

No comments:

Post a Comment